Monday, June 7, 2010

The START UP - Blog #1



It's the first day of the 120 day project..and Im ready to work.. I already started picking out beats and working on some possible songs.. I figure since Im running with the whole "soulsearchin" concept, that'd I'd have a lot of soulful records to reflect that.. Kinda like Jigga did with his Blueprint albums, by taking it back to the soulful roots.. But we'll see how that goes, cause Im real sporadic when it come to music..

Coincidentally the first track I started working on happens to be the "current" intro track to the project.. It's called "Could You Believe It".. It's a real short track, straight to the point.. I'll probably end up wanting to remix this record.. Possibly working with fellow emcee Nahlidge, or possibly Nimrod.. I don't like working with too many artists, unless I feel like they bring the best outta me..

While working on the intro track, there were some gaps on the record.. But I didn't wanna put a hook or a bridge in the space.. Then I started thinking to have a female narrate the story on my project.. This would bring together a real cohesive album if I got this to work.. I know for years it's been the routine for a DJ to host your mixtape.. I still think that's coo, but I like to try some different ideas.. But as of now, Im a work on these tracks first.. and then the details after I get a few songs under my belt for this..

So check the video blog at
YOUTUBE.COM/SkyHighTV718
I'll end this with some lyrics from a song I was working on yesterday..

"I got the whole game behind me in my rearview mirror..
Its all smoke and mirrors but I couldn't see clearer..
My conscious be calling but I act like I don't hear her..
She all up in my mind but Im too numb to feel her.."

No comments:

Post a Comment