Friday, June 4, 2010

The WARM UP - Pre-Project Blog

"What I'm doing right now, Im chasing perfection" - Kobe Bryant

Working on a complete project as an artist can be a meticulous process.. We're half way through 2010 and I'm here with about 3 to 4 projects I'm working on.. Sometimes I catch myself being all over the place, with no final product.. I was working on material for an untitled EP with producer Alcatrakz.. along with my own "Sky's the Limit" mixtape.. and a collaboration mixtape with fellow emcee Nahlidge.. However, I wasn't making much progress as a whole.. Therefore, I decided to take a break for a few days to clear my mind and left the country during Memorial Day Weekend..


Upon my return from the land of Cancun, Mexico.. I had an urge to get back to what I do best.. MUSIC.. So Im there unpacking, listenin to some R&B (yea, I dont only listen to rap, lol).. I'm noddin to the sounds of Musiq Soulchild and an idea hits me like a lightbulb over Einstein's head.. For some reason the word "soul" stayed in my mind.. That led to me thinkin of the phrase "soulsearchin" and from there I just ran with it..


I found it interesting how all of his titles are together with no spaces.. I wanted to do the same, because that writing to me signifies that I don't wanna give anyone any space.. I wanna clog up the game until there sick of me.. I don't wanna give anyone ANY room.. I wanna be the key defensive stop at the end of an NBA game.. And as most of us are, Im still tryin'a find myself as a person, as an artist, etc.. So I think that the name hit me at a perfect point in my life.. But I didn't just want to make this a CD, it had to be a little deeper.. So..


This project will be 120 days long, and I want to give the viewers an intimate view of my work ethic/ recording process/ writing process/ along with videos and more.. It is more than a CD or tape, or whatever you wanna call it.. It is a story behind the music, the concepts, and also a way for me to grow and the world to see me grow.. (hense the title "soulsearchin") I will update my blogs every so often with update/ videos/ photo's.. I have no pre-picked beats/ lyrics for this project.. I am starting in two days, and everything will be done then.. It'll be as new for you as it is for me..
The clock begins on June 7th, 2010

1 comment: